Mission, Vision, & Goals
The North Central Workforce Development Board serves as the premier facilitator of an innovative workforce development system that meets the changing human capital needs of our employers and provides resources for our job seekers that maximizes their career potential and focuses on the customers’ needs.
The North Central Workforce Development Board will be a strategic workforce development leader focused on promoting economic prosperity and self-sufficiency of individuals by creating a workforce that is competitive in the global marketplace.
- Enhance public-private partnerships through better connectivity and communication in order to increase investment in our workforce system leading to greater economic vitality for our region.
- Engage in Sector Strategies of our growth industries identifying current skill gaps of both the incumbent and entry-level worker that will result in skill upgrades through customized training and partnerships.
- Design innovative workforce development strategies to reach young adults and keep them engaged through the identification of best practices and development of new programs utilizing the Customer Centered Design Method.
- Identify Career Pathways in major industry sectors to enhance career counselling that will result in training opportunities for our customers through skill, credential and degree attainment.
- Ensure that our customers, both employers and job seekers, remain in the center of our design of all services and encourage our partners to do the same.
Get in Touch
CEO Board – Chief Elected Office Board – which oversees the full workforce board:
Commissioner H. James Thomas, Cameron County
Commissioner John Sobel, Clearfield County
Commissioner Dan Freeburg, Elk County
Commissioner Herbert L. Bullers, Jefferson County
Commissioner Carol Duffy, McKean County
Commissioner Susan Kefover, Potter County
Continuous Improvement Committee
Local Management Committee
Workforce Delivery System Committee
Corine Christoff- Alpha Precision Group
Kimberlea Whiting- Citizens and Northern Bank
John Sutika- Penn Highlands DuBois
Tonya Coursey- First Citizens Community Bank
Catherine Bartruff- Allegheny Contracting
George Salter- Keystone Automatic Technologies, Inc.
Elizabeth Kweder- Coca Cola Refreshments
Kate Brock- Community Education Center of Elk & Cameron County
Sarah Hayden- American Refining Group
Kelly Davis- Seneca Highlands IU-9
Leslie Neal- Elk County Veterans Affairs
Greg Lezanic- PA Dept of Public Welfare Clearfield County Assistance Office
Buddy Franklin- I.B.E.W., Local No. 5, ALF-CIO
Jeffery Miller- Clearfield, Elk, Camerson & Jefferson Central Labor Council I.B.E.W., Local No.5
Dr. Scott McBride- Penn State DuBois
Robert Cardamone- Punxsutawney Chamber of Commerce
Michael Hoskavich- ICC Ammo
Christina Palmer- Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
Bruce Jones- Bureau of WorkForce Partnership of Operations Central Region
David Steele- Office of Human Service, Inc.
Keli Rounsville- American Refining Group, Inc.
Alla Marie Comilla – Zippo Manufacturing Company
David Miller- Miller Welding & Machine Co.
Brad Lashinsky- Penn State DuBois